The CEMS course on consulting offers the students a combination of the principles of client-centric management consulting, different academic perspectives on client-consultant interaction and an opportunity to dive into special topics of management consulting with CEMS corporate partners in consulting. Based on topic-specific readings defined by the consultancies we discuss traditional strategy, digitalization and change. We also discuss the characteristics of consultancy work. Towards the end of the course the students form ‘pop-up’ consultancy groups and pitch a proposal to a customer of their choice.
The course is offered as a 3 ECTS lectured course. Students can optionally complete a 6 ECTS version of the course by submitting an additional independent written assignment.
Upon completion of the course, the students:
- Have gained understanding about client-centric consulting
- Have gained insight into strategic topics of traditional strategy, digitalization and change
- Have gained a realistic, hands-on understanding of consultancy work
-Have practiced consultancy work by pitching a consultancy proposal
- Wednesday 15. September 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 22. September 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 29. September 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 6. October 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 13. October 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 20. October 9:00-12:00The course is meant for Global Management and CEMS students only.