This course is about the effects of the global business environment on communication practice in general and multilingual and multicultural challenges in particular.
We'll be focusing on, for example,
- latest approaches to intercultural communication
- concepts of culture, language and multilingualism and how their different conceptualizations may impact research and practice
- the notion of 'corporate language' in multinational companies and its power implications for individuals and management
- cultural diversity and multilingualism in both corporate and interpersonal communication
- culturally intelligent attitude and behavior