This online seminar is designed to provide support, guidance, and feedback to students writing their Bachelor theses in English. We accept students from the five English Bachelor programmes in CHEM, ENG, ELEC, and SCI:
- Chemical Engineering (CHEM)
- Computational Engineering (ENG)
- Data Science (SCI)
- Digital Systems & Design (ELEC)
- Quantum Technology (ELEC & SCI)
Seminar thesis topics
Data science (SCI3095): https://wiki.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=203102031Digital Systems and Design (ELEC3056): contact Martin Andraud.
Computational Engineering (ENG3082): https://wiki.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=197415464
Quantum Technology (SCI3103): contact Matti Raasakka.
Chemical Engineering (CHEM3054): contact Michael Hummel.
**TIK students (SCI3027): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/SCI3027/Topics+Spring+2022
Upon completion of the seminar, students will be able to
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a field-specific topic through writing and presenting a Bachelor thesis,
- search for, critically assess, and integrate sources into the argumentation of their thesis,
- recognise standard citation practices and plagiarism-avoidance strategies for proper documention of sources,
- identify the organisational and language features specific to a Bachelor thesis in their field of study, and
- provide critical feedback to others' work and respond to feedback on their own work.
A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of BSc degree studies completed with an emphasis on basic and major studies. A student must have a valid personal study plan approved before entering the seminar. It is also strongly recommended that students have already taken the written (w) skills component of their mandatory foreign language credits.
Seminar Team Contact DetailsYou can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the course code (JOIN.BSc) in the message.Coordinator: Maurice ForgetChemical Engineering: Michael HummelComputational Engineering: Luc St-PierreData Science: Maarit KäpyläDigital Systems & Design: Martin AndraudQuantum Technology: Matti RaasakkaInformation Specialist: Kirsi HeinoSpeech Communication: Henriette ("Henni") KervinenFinnish Maturity Exam: Jepa PiirainenSwedish Maturity Exam: Sofia SevónLaTeX tutoring: Taeyoung Kee
Announcements ForumFor teacher use only! We announce important information here.
General discussion Forum
Have a question about an assignment? Run into a technical problem? Something else related to the seminar? Post your question or comment here.