Teaching is done in hybrid mode.
The lectures and exercises are kept offline.
Zoom link for the lecture:https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64308333201
In this course the student learns to configure and operate the current automation systems, utilizing the latest technological tools “Industry 4.0”, Industrial Internet of Things, Cloud computing and 5G. The automation setup used in the course will prepare the students for the future automation challenges with the latest tools and merges data analytics, cloud computing and wireless network studies with process automation.
After the course the student:
- Knows the structure and requirements for current automation systems;
- Is able to configure a small DCS system for lab unit processes using ABB 800xA system and information systems environment;
- Knows the basics in process automation programming and Python languages;
- Knows the meaning of process system interfaces (OPC UA, ODBC);
- Knows the benefits, limitations and properties of industrial field buses and can apply this knowledge in the automation system design;
- Knows how to collect the data from measurements and making data analysis in the cloud computing system;
- Knows what wireless smart sensors are and how to configure and connect them into the cloud computing system;
- Knows what is the benefit of 5G wireless network and how to utilize it in the automation system.
Assessment Methods and Criteria
The course assessment is based on:the project work (100% of the final grade)