WELCOME TO TEACHING PRACTICE COURSE // TERVETULOA OPETUSHARJOITTELU-KURSSILLE!
The goal of the teaching practice is to develop participants' teaching skills. In the course you have an opportunity to try new approaches or teaching methods under guidance and receive feedback on your teaching. You will observe your peers' teaching and learn from them. When you reflect on your and your peers' teaching you develop your teaching competence and yourself as a teacher.
The course begins with a kick-off meeting on the 10th January 2021, 2.00 - 5.00 PM.
Place: Zoom https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64458245138
The schedule of the peer group meetings will be agreed in the kick-off meeting.
The course comprises the following elements:
- Kick-off session (Monday 10.1.2022)
- Peer-group meetings (4 meetings),
- Teaching observations: observing your peers' teaching and providing oral and written feedback on their teaching,
- Teaching observations: observing other teaching including teaching in upper secondary school (lukio) or university of applied sciences (AMK),
- Own teaching: practical implementation of the teaching practice,
- Compiling teaching practice plan including own teaching philosophy, course design, peer feedback, and reflection of observations.
- Final session May 9th 2022 12.00-13.30 in Zoom: https://aalto.zoom.us/j/68604093519
DL for the final version of teaching practice report 15.5.2022
Sara and Erika
- Sara Rönkkönen, teacher-in-charge
- Erika Myllyniemi, co-teacher
- Start by choosing "Editing" instead of "Viewing"
- Mark your own teaching sessions that you welcome others to follow.
- Find the teaching session you will observe and mark your participation to the list.
We will have only two sessions together during this spring:
- Opening session January 10th, 2pm to 5pm
- Closing session May 9th, 12pm-1.30pm: https://aalto.zoom.us/j/68604093519
In addition, you will bee meeting four times with your peer group.
Members of the group:
Talayeh Aledavood Anna Klemettinen Julia Grundmann Martin Andraud Augusto Cannone Falchetto
Members of the group:
Camilla Nenonen Riikka Haapalainen Matti Vaaja Robert Franzen Maija Fagerlund
Please note, that during this course, at least one observation should be done either in upper secondary school (lukio) or university of applied sciences (AMK). It is up to you to find the teaching that you will observe. If you need help, please contact the teachers of Teaching practice course.
If you are interested to know, here are the top 5 upper secondary schools and universities of applied sciences that Aalto got applications from (in 2019):
Upper secondary schools
Otaniemen lukio Ressun lukio Etelä-Tapiolan lukio Tapiolan lukio Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu
Universities of applied sciences
Metropolia Ammattikorkeakoulu Haaga-Helia ammattikorkeakoulu Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu Turun ammattikorkeakoulu Laurea-ammattikorkeakoulu
Please, submit the midterm version of the report here. DEADLINE 15.4.2022.
Please, submit the final version of the report here. FINAL DEADLINE 15.5.2022.