Welcome to the JOIN.BSc Bachelor Thesis Seminar for Summer 2022!
This seminar is designed to provide support, guidance, and feedback to students writing their Bachelor theses in English. The sessions are held online with the exception of the Final Presentations. We accept students from the five English Bachelor programmes in CHEM, ENG, ELEC, and SCI:
- Chemical Engineering (CHEM3054)
- Computational Engineering (ENG3082)
- Data Science (SCI3095)
- Digital Systems & Design (ELEC3056)
- Quantum Technology (SCI3103)
If you do not belong to one of these programmes but would like to participate, please contact Maurice Forget.
Seminar thesis topics
For a full list of topics, please visit the link or contact the Thesis Supervisor listed below.
Chemical Engineering (CHEM3054): contact Michael Hummel.
Computational Engineering (ENG3082): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/CBTT/CoE+BSc+thesis+topics
Data Science (SCI3095): https://wiki.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=212897533Digital Systems & Design (ELEC3056): contact Martin Andraud.
Quantum Technology (SCI3103): contact Matti Raasakka.
**TIK students (SCI3027): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/SCI3027/Topics+Summer+2022
Upon completion of the seminar, students will be able to
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a field-specific topic through writing and presenting a Bachelor thesis,
- search for, critically assess, and integrate sources into the argumentation of their thesis,
- recognise standard citation practices and plagiarism-avoidance strategies for proper documention of sources,
- identify the organisational and language features specific to a Bachelor thesis in their field of study, and
- provide critical feedback to others' work and respond to feedback on their own work.
A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of BSc degree studies completed with an emphasis on basic and major studies. A student must have a valid personal study plan approved before entering the seminar. It is also strongly recommended that students have already taken the written (w) skills component of their mandatory foreign language credits.
Seminar Team Contact Details
- For teacher use only! We announce important information here.
Have a question about an assignment? Run into a technical problem? Something else related to the seminar? Post your question or comment here.