WELCOME TO TEACHING PRACTICE COURSE // TERVETULOA OPETUSHARJOITTELU-KURSSILLE!
The goal of the teaching practice is to develop participants' teaching skills. In the course you have an opportunity to try new approaches or teaching methods under guidance and receive feedback on your teaching. You will observe your peers' teaching and learn from them. When you reflect on your and your peers' teaching you develop your teaching competence and yourself as a teacher.
The course begins with a kick-off meeting on the 31th August 2022, 12.15 - 15.15 PM.
Place: Posti, Otakaari 1
The schedule of the peer group meetings will be agreed in the kick-off meeting.
The course comprises the following elements:
- Kick-off session (Wednesday 31.8.2022)
- Peer-group meetings (4 meetings),
- Teaching observations: observing your peers' teaching and providing oral and written feedback on their teaching,
- Teaching observations: observing other teaching including teaching in upper secondary level (lukio) or university of applied sciences (AMK),
- Own teaching: practical implementation of the teaching practice,
- Compiling teaching practice plan including own teaching philosophy, course design, peer feedback, and reflection of observations.
- Final session December 7th 2022 12.15 -14.15
DL for the final version of teaching practice report 16.12.2022
Outi and Miia
- Outi Kankaanpää, teacher-in-charge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Miia Forsten, co-teacher (email@example.com)