Basic Course Information
ZOOM link for all sessions:
- MNGT-E2010 - Advanced Topics in IDBM, AALTO BIZ (IDBM)
- Teaching language: English
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Teaching period II
- Master's level course:
- IDBM Master Program: Compulsory core course
- Elective for IDBM Minor Studies
- Advanced specialization studies, recommended for 2nd year of the IDBM master program studies
- Registration through SISU
- Grading: 0-5
Connection to IDBM Program
This online course advances and deepens students’ understanding of contemporary topics of international design business management. A portion of this course is self-study material for research and academic writing. This course is a web-based seminar format to enable students to participate in the course from any location.
Along with the advanced academic knowledge of international design business management, this course provides tools and methods for conducting research work that can contribute to students’ thesis work.
After completing this online course, students should have:
- A deeper theoretical and practical understanding of international design business management and its central topics such as creative leadership, design management, design thinking, diversity and creativity, and change management.
- Ability to work effectively in distributed virtual teams
- Skills and experience in facilitating webinars and giving engaging online presentations for a large audience
- Readiness for Master’s thesis work
Assessment Methods and Criteria
- Individual written assignments (Individual 4-5 pages essay)
- Webinar presentation
- Personal contribution and activity (attendance and participation)
This course builds heavily on readings and attendance of webinars & online discussions. Therefore, you are expected to study all pre-readings prior to each webinar and actively participate in online discussions.
You will also complete the following assignments:
1) Individual essay (4-5 pages, 1500-2000 words) on an IDBM-specific topic during the lectures and how it relates to your topic.
2) as a team of 3-4 students, report insights from each module
25.10. Lecture 1: Self-study and readings about conducting research and academic writing
1.11. Lecture 2: Designing Change, Anna Valtonen
8.11. Lecture 3: Advanced Topic 2 in IDBM by Faculty, Topic
15.11. Lecture 4 Advanced Topic 3 in IDBM by Faculty, Topic
22.11. Lecture 5: Advanced Topic 4 in IDBM by Faculty, Topic
29.11. Lecture 6: Advanced Topic 5 in IDBM by Faculty, Topic
- Individual Essays:
DL: 16.12.2022 at 18:00 EEST
- Pre-readings for lectures; literature and other materials suggested for each research theme.
- MyCourses and Zoom (webinars and online teaching sessions).
- Please download free Zoom client app from https://zoom.us/download (desktop version strongly recommended)
Hani Tarabichi: firstname.lastname@example.org