Do you want to learn how to start something new and make an impact? This course will introduce you to entrepreneurship and teach you the basics of setting up your own business.
It is a fully online course that you can complete at your own pace.
- Accept cookies on avp.aalto.fi site
- Enable 3rd party cookies (needed to track your video progress), https://akohubteam.medium.com/how-to-enable-third-party-cookies-on-your-browsers-f9a8143b8cc5
The course opens up through the story of the cartoon person Veera – the budding entrepreneur. You will get to follow Veera on her journey towards setting up her own company.
It consists of nine modules, each having the following structure:
- Entrepreneurial/business design problem/situation that Veera faces (video + quiz)
- Ways to handle the situation by course teachers (video)
- In-depth introduction to a topic related to the problem/situation (text)
- Supporting material (optional)
There are no prerequisites and you can take the course even if you do not have it in your study plan.
The course can be taken as an introduction to other entrepreneurial courses (eg Startup Experience) or as a stand-alone course. The course replaces TU-E4130 – Refresher on Business Research
Language - English
The course goal is to provide students with an overview of the entrepreneurship process. After the course, you will be able to
- summarize important steps of setting up a new business;
- give examples of different methods & approaches used to develop new businesses
- explain key new business development terminology
Workload - 1 ECTS
Individual study based on online content, 27h
Assessment Methods and Criteria
Online assignments pass/fail
You need to pass all quizzes in order to pass the course.
Studying the course
Follow these steps to do the course:
Add the course to your study pland and register for the course in Sisu.
NOTE: You have to be attending when you register in Sisu.
Create and account and enroll for the course on the AVP site: https://avp.aalto.fi/course/entrepreneurship-intro/ . Note that you must use your Aalto email and name to enroll.
Do the course at your own pace. To follow your progress and to get back to the course, use the link https://avp.aalto.fi/online-courses/dashboard/ . The link can also be found in the footer of the AVP site.
If you find bugs or need help, contact either of the responsible teachers (emails below).
Once you have completed the course, send a notification to either of the responsible teachers and you will get your credit registered.
Course instructors and contact persons:
Håkan Mitts, email@example.com
Lidia Borisova, Lidia.Borisova@aalto.fi