Welcome to the course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising five teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all five teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the learning environment from the learning perspective
- identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognize ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Teaching session 1: Thursday, October 13th at 12.15-14.00 CAMPUS (Otakaari 1, U523 Top Lounge)
- Teaching session 2: Thursday, October 27th, at 12.15-15.00 CAMPUS (Otakaari 1, U523 Top Lounge)
- Teaching session 3: Thursday, November 10th, at 12.15-15.00 ONLINE (https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64036518124?pwd=T0hXblI0a2FBbVlVWUxXRHFkWmZiQT09, Meeting ID: 640 3651 8124, Passcode: TALI22)
- Teaching session 4: Thursday, November 24th, at 12.15-15.00 ONLINE (https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64036518124?pwd=T0hXblI0a2FBbVlVWUxXRHFkWmZiQT09, Meeting ID: 640 3651 8124, Passcode: TALI22)
- Teaching session 5: Thursday, December 15th, at 12.15-15.00 CAMPUS (Otakaari 1, U523 Top Lounge)
Information and support: How to teach remotely?
- Step-by-step guides and online trainings for Aalto teachers and teaching assistants on how to teach remotely: Tips and tools for remote teaching and learning - OPIT - Aalto University Wiki (Aalto log in required)
- Step-by-step guidelines to all online tools used in Aalto (MyCourses, Panopto...) https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/OPIT/Home
- Quick guide to using Zoom in teaching: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/zoom-quick-guide
This course is organized by Schools of CHEM, ELEC, ENG & SCI and in cooperation with Aalto University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Samu Tikkanen (Aalto Learning Services), Maura Ratia (BIZ) and for the first two teaching sessions Sara Rönkkönen (ENG)(emails email@example.com).