Welcome to the course!
On this course you will have a chance to get acquainted with the curriculum planning and development practices in Aalto. The course provides you an opportunity to critically assess your curriculum, identify development needs as well as carry out a small development project.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course you will be able to:
- to discuss the different approaches of the curriculum in higher education
- reflect the principles of constructive alignment in curriculum development
- to identify the curriculum development process and practices and reflect on them in relation to their degree programme/major/minor
- co-develop the curriculum together with the teaching team involved in the development
- identify and apply tools in curriculum development
- make a plan for continuous development
Following Fridays on campus:
- Fri 14.4. at 9.15-12.00: R028/R107 Väre
- Fri 28.4. at 9.15-12.00: U401 Otakaari 1
- Fri 12.5. at 9.15-12.00: U401 Otakaari 1
- Fri 26.5. at 9.15-12.00: Y308 Otakaari 1
- Fri 16.6. at 9.15-12.00: U401 Otakaari 1
If you need to be absent:
There are five contact sessions in the course, and we hope you will be able to attend them all. If you need to be absent, we will give you a substitute assignment to compensate that session. Please, contact the teachers if you need to be absent!
The official course feedback will be collected after the course has ended, however questions, comments, ideas and wishes concerning the course are warmly welcome also during the course. You can quite freely share you ideas straight to us teachers or you can give anonymous feedback through Presemo (aalto.fi):
Pedagogical specialist Erika Myllyniemi (responsible teacher) firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedagogical specialist Jukka Välimäki (co-teacher)
Specialist Noora Jaakkola (co-teacher)
Here you can introduce your team and briefly describe your goals for the course and your main motivation to participate.