You are about to start Learning and Teaching in Higher Education course, which is one of the core courses in Aalto University's pedagogical training (25 cr).
Meeting schedules and placesWed 13.9.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U262
Wed 20.9.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U262
Wed 4.10.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U262
Wed 25.10.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U261
Wed 8.11.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U261
Wed 29.11.2023 at 12.15–15.30, Otakaari 1, U261
After the course, you...
- will be able to identify, define and evaluate factors that affect your teaching,
- will be able to recognize different learning theories and have become aware of how they influence teaching,
- have formed own approach to teaching / teaching philosophy and you have knowledge on how to develop your teachership and teaching,
- you recognize factors which affect to the quality of teaching,
- know how to consider students as experts of the future,
- have reflected on your own expertise and your development as a teacher,
- be able to understand your own teaching in a wider context and envisage the expertise provided by your own field of teaching and the future prospects of the field.
Samu Tikkanen (teacher-in-charge, email@example.com) and Linda Mäkinen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
My Courses workspace is designed to build common knowledge and support interaction. It is also a place to share information. Learning assignment submission boxes and a common discussion forum can be found here. Through My Courses we distribute announcements and everyone is welcome to stimulate discussion on topics related to learning and teaching.