Read the slides for day 4. Paula's slides discuss some of the more common reasons why students face difficulties in their studies and points out to some things that can be done to help these (and other) students. Both slide sets touch upon motivation as well. Reflect on the content of the slides and think at least about the following:
- What physiological reasons are often found behind difficulties in studies?
- What can you do as an assistant to ease their difficulties? How do these activities affect other students?
- Do you know anyone who has learning difficulties? Elaborate briefly. What help did they receive? Say what could have been done to help them if they didn't.
- How does anxiety affect student performance? How might it affect your performance as an assistant? What can be done to alleviate anxiety, both students' and yours?
- What can you do to motivate different types of learners?