Teaching observation 2 (focus on student activity and motivation), DL 9.11.2021
- Visit an exercise class / online session where you act as an observer.
- If possible, visit a class / session of your group members or your course mates. Remember to also offer an observation class for your course mates if it's possible. Please see the forum: What course do you teach, how can one observe a teaching session? Which teaching sessions do you observe? (aalto.fi)
- In class / online Zoom -session, focus on the students and note down at least the following: What do the students do? How does the teacher motivate them? Pay also attention on how teacher motivate and engage students; what does teacher say and do, is there teaching methods or learning activities used which keep students involved? Add reflections and insights of your own. You may give feedback to the teacher. If you do, be specific, be positive, and give constructive feedback.
- You can also pay attention on teacher's way to activate students and motivate them during the session. Concentrate especially on the beginning of the teaching session; what does teacher do and say, is there any student activating methods used? How the teacher keeps students alert during the remote teaching?
- Use the feedback form for this; it appears below this text after clicking on the title of this box. The form has generic instructions on points to pay attention to when observing a teaching session. You may follow these instructions to expand your observation, but remember that your task this time is to focus on student activity and how the teacher motivates the students. If you give feedback to your peer/the teacher, ask them first if they want the feedback; you may also elaborate on your feedback verbally with them. Submit your feedback to this submission box with the name of the observed peer/teacher removed. This feedback is visible only to the course teachers.
- Return the form containing your observations, reflections and the feedback you possibly gave the teacher you observed. This is an individual assignment.
This activity is automatically marked as completed when you submit the assignment. Teachers grade the submission later.
- 22 September 2021, 9:27 AM