Interim report requirements
are two interim reports.
These do not involve much work and are in place to help you achieve a
final project. Do as good a job as you can on them though, as they are
my opportunity to give you early feedback to help the project be as good
Interim Report #1
Compile a short PowerPoint presentation, and answer the following questions:
- What is the focal venture? Provide brief background, including how long it has been around for, it's size, what it does, etc.
- What system are they trying to change?
- What is the scope of the project?
- How will you collect the required information you need?
- What is your plan between now and the final report date?
- Which group members will do what?
- What can your possible issues be?
Interim Report #2
- A draft executive summary of the report, focusing on your analysis and insights (i.e., don’t give copious background information)
- A draft outline for the report; i.e., what the sections and sub-sections will be
- A list of 2-3 pressing questions you would like insights on.
The executive summary should be one page long (single spaced), and your report outline should have 4-6 sections with sub-sections in them. Don't submit the main text, just the outline.
Importantly: trust that I know this is only preliminary work. The point is not that you should have a final version at this point, just that you have some ideas that we can discuss. The point is doing a check-in and giving feedback :)