XR Tools Workshop
The voluntary XR tools workshop, taking place on the 17th and 18th November, is a hands-on introduction to the XR CUBE lab at Design Factory. During this two-day workshop, we will explore the world of possibilities that VR/AR/XR has to offer and how we can design and develop for it, and use it for various applications.
The workshop will be divided into two sessions, along with a VR project that you will work on in your own time. The first is a joint session for everyone who participates in the workshop and the second is team specific.
- The joint session (Thursday 17th November from 09:00-12:00) will involve:
· An introduction to the state of the art VR/AR/XR technologies and the XR CUBE concept
· The Oculus Quest 2 and its array of applications
· Oculus Link and how to use the Quest 2 for PC powered applications
· Designing for VR and using it as a Visualization tool using applications e.g. Twinmotion
· A take-home VR project in relation to your PDP project. This will be explained further during the workshop
- The team specific slot (Thursday 17th or Friday 18th November) will involve 30 minutes of one-on-one sessions with the XR lab and further discuss your VR projects. Please choose one of the times available that suits you and your teammates for this day. Please note the slots are limited to one booking per team. If there is more than one participant from each project team, one of the students should place the booking and show up in teams.
This workshop will be held on-site at the Design Factory XR CUBE
Attendance for the two days and completion of the VR project will grant you 1 credit.
Contact Person: Sushant Passi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please register below if you would like to participate in the VR Tools workshop until the 15th of November by 23:59. The first session in the scheduler is the joint session and the following ones are the team specific sessions.