Please note! Course description is confirmed for two academic years, which means that in general, e.g. Learning outcomes, assessment methods and key content stays unchanged. However, via course syllabus, it is possible to specify or change the course execution in each realization of the course, such as how the contact sessions are organized, assessment methods weighted or materials used.
Upon completing the course, the students should be able to:
- Explicate what makes work meaningful and why is it so important?
- Name basic individual psychological needs and how to fulfill them at work
- Name the psychological factors behind successful individual and team work
- Develop organizational design that would be optimal for motivating and leading people
- Name the challenges that organizational members involved in various organizational process such strategy implementation or organizational change are confronted with;
- Assess and manage organizational processes such strategy implementation and/or changes.
Schedule: 26.10.2020 - 30.11.2020
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022): Natalia Vuori
Teacher in charge (applies in this implementation): Natalia Vuori
Contact information for the course (valid 18.09.2020-21.12.2112):
Welcome to the course!
All sessions will be held on Zoom.
CEFR level (applies in this implementation):
Language of instruction and studies (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022):
Teaching language: English
Languages of study attainment: English
CONTENT, ASSESSMENT AND WORKLOAD
TU-E3041 Leadership and Change Management is a course on how to create, lead, and manage changes in organizations in a way that each individual would thrive and perform at his or her best. How to ensure that the potential inherent in every individual is able to fully blossom at work? What makes work motivating and what is the secret behind exceptionally high work engagement? What is needed for employees to really commit to their organization and want to give their best effort in the pursuit of the common goal? These are the founding questions of this course.
Assessment Methods and Criteria
Lectures, individual and team assignments.
Lectures 20 h, learning assignments 90 h, team assignment 25 h.
Journal articles, book chapters, cases and a movie.
Substitutes for Courses
Replaces the course TU-E3040 Human Potential
Recommended TU-A1140 Leading and Understanding Oneself.
- Teacher: Natalia Vuori