Anything to ask, do not hesitate to contact me by
email firstname.lastname@example.org phone +358 50 505 9565.
THE THEMES AND THE CONTACT SESSIONS at 12.15-16
- Monday 22.10.2018 Self-Assessment, Y346, Otakaari 1
- Monday 19.11. 2018 Peer Assessment, U262 KPMG, Otakaari 1
- Monday 10.12.2018 Programme-level Assessment, Y346, Otakaari
During the contact sessions, we will learn and discuss about the topics of assessment, especially self-assessment and peer assessment to reach a shared understanding of the topics and to achieve a deeper scholarship in designing assessment for and of learning (to get more information see Contact Sessions).
Individually, everyone will read some papers concerning the topic before each contact session (see Materials).
There is one main assignment to be done during the course: Assessment rubrics for (own) course. That cen be done In pairs, in teams, or individually, If that is not a meaningful task, please, feel free to do something else. It must be aligned with the intended learning outcomes, and time, but there are no other restrictions... I suggest to focus on: How to implement self-assessment, or peer-assessment into learning activities? Show your input by compiling, e.g., Blogs, Rubrics, Video, Performance in Learning Challenge etc. (see Tasks to do in this course).
The estimated workload for each of the above mentioned aspect is 1 credit, 27 h.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES & CONTENT
After the course you will be able
- to identify the resources of assessment practices in supporting learning process,
- to analyse and compare various assessment and feedback methods in related to validity and reliability,
- to implement self- or peer-assessment in own teaching,
- to evaluate the assessment and feedback practices in a programme or major and to participate in developing the practices
- Concepts of assessment, purposes of assessment
- Designing assessment methods to support student learning
- Self-assessment and peer-assessment
- Reliability and validity
- Program-level assessment
TEACHER IN CHARGE