Sewing Studio manual
Learn how to operate and adjust the industrial sewing machines, and learn how to use the steam iron unit. The instruction videos (5) will show you in detail how to operate and adjust the machines.
- Select the machine according to its intended use (see machine descriptions).
- Turn off the machine when changing the bobbin / needle, and when checking the threading.
- Eye and finger protection components cannot be removed.
- The machines are extremely rarely broken. Usually, the problems are caused by issues with threading or the condition of the needle. Be patient and try to solve the problem.
1. Industrial sewing machines
1.2. Replacing a needle
- No. 70 thin materials.
- No. 80 basic needle for most materials.
- No. 90 medium materials.
- No. 100–130 heavy materials.
- Leather needles no. 90–130, the needle tip is knife-like.
- Ball-tip needles, for flexible materials (zig zag machines, overlockers).
Turn off the machine.
- Loosen the needle set screw (1), remove the needle, and recycle it into a separate waste container for “blades and needles” in the sewing accessory cabinet.
- Insert a new needle and push upwards until the needle hits the stop (O), tighten the screw.
- In straight stitch machines, the long groove of the needle points to the left and the thread goes into the eye of the needle from left to right.
- In zigzag machines, the long groove of the needle points to the front and the thread goes into the needle eye from front to back.