Thesis is ready to be submitted
1. What all conditions must be met for submission?
- The student is enrolled as attending.
- The topic of the master’s thesis is approved in Degree Programme Committee meeting and valid.
- The thesis supervisor approves the thesis to be submitted.
- The student has given a thesis presentation and completed the maturity essay. The last possible date to complete them is the deadline for submitting theses for evaluation on eAge.
2. What to do when the thesis is almost ready?
- Make sure that all the conditions (above) are met so the thesis can be submitted and approved.
- Take a look into the Deadlines both for submitting the thesis to your 1)supervisor & 2) eAge and the DPC meeting schedule.
- Arrange a schedule with the supervisor for the evaluation and approval of the thesis. The thesis must be submitted for the supervisor 4 weeks before the DPC meeting, because the supervisor needs time to read the finished theses and write a statement. Based on the statement given by the supervisor the DPC approves and grades the thesis. The advisor may write either a joint statement or a separate statement but DPC only approves and grades the thesis based on supervisors evaluation.
3. Where I need to submit the final version of my thesis?
- You have to submit the same version of your final thesis on two different places: 1) to your supervisor 4 weeks before the DPC meeting and 2) to eAge by the submission deadline. Find instructions below how to submit the thesis into eAge.
- Even though the theses are submitted for approval only in electronic format, the supervisor might still require theses bound in black covers (binding model pdf). The student must agree upon this with the supervisor.
4. How to submit the thesis and apply for its approval on eAge?
- Convert the final thesis version file into a PDF/A format according to these instructions. The only valid and acceptable versions submitted are PDF/A-1a, -1b, -2a and -2b.
- Name the final thesis version file converted into PDF/A format as follows: The file name should not have any Scandinavian letters (e.g. ä and ö) or special characters. The name should be in the following format: school's abbreviation_publishingyear_lastname_firstname.pdf (for example student Jan Järvinen would name the file as sci_2022_jarvinen_jan.pdf)
- Check the name and code for your major here (p. 2-3). You'll need it when submitting the thesis in eAge in the next step.
- Fill the form 207 Approval and grading of the thesis according to the instructions in eAge.
- Upload the final thesis version converted into PDF/A file and named correctly to the eAge form.
5. What will be the date of completion of masters thesis?
- The date of completion the masters thesis is the deadline date of submitting the applications. The completion will be registered to Sisu 1-3 workdays after the DPC meeting.
6. What happens next? Instructions for graduation.
- In case you have completed all other studies except for the thesis, you can submit graduation request in Sisu by the same deadline as you submit the thesis on eAge. Instructions how to apply for graduation when your thesis has not yet been registered to Sisu.
- The thesis and the degree will be registered to the shared deadline date for submitting them, although the thesis evaluation will be processed by the DPC after the deadline for submitting the thesis.
- Follow the instructions for graduation in your own programme’s page in Aalto’s Student Guide. For example, see Graduation in CCIS programme (SCI). Instructions are same for all SCI students.
Last modified: Friday, 22 December 2023, 8:43 AM