Pitching 3 design narratives
The purpose of the ’Pitching 3 design narratives’-presentation is to propose three potential design directions of your study to investigate further. The proposed directions should be grounded on your findings. The faculty and other teams will give feedback on your directions. Content of the presentation (10min):
- Start by briefly introducing the project context and the re-defined design challenge. This will help set the stage for the rest of the presentation.
- Stakeholders, Users & their Identified Needs: Identify the stakeholders and users who are affected by the design challenge. Describe their needs, wants, and goals that you have identified throughout your study.
- Identified Problem(s) to Solve: Based on the particular insights you’ve found and re-defined brief, identify the problem(s) that your design must solve. Explain why you chose this problem(s), and how it will impact the users and stakeholders.
- The 3 Design Narratives: Present the proposed design directions (narratives). Vision the key features of each design direction, how it addresses the identified problem(s), and the potential value it offers to users and stakeholders. Explain how they differ from each other:
- Each presented direction must be considerably different from each other. Thus, the purpose is not to combine these three different directions, but to present three noticeably different but potential directions, one of which will eventually be developed.
- You need to be able to rationalize why and what would be the potential value in each
- Summarize the directions in the last page for Q&A and feedback.
Remember to focus on the "why" and "how" throughout the presentation. Explain why each design direction is important and how it solves the identified problem(s). Provide context on how you arrived at these proposed solutions and what insights led to them. Remember to provide visual aids and examples to help the audience understand the design direction. Good luck with your presentation!
Discuss with your client before the presentation about any confidentiality concerns. Remember to present the three design directions to your client as well.
The given time is only (and only) 10 minutes. To stay in the given timeframe, remember to practice your presentation. This also helps us and the audience to understand your propositions and give valuable feedback for your to continue.*****
Submit your presentation slides in this submission box latest before your presentation (it is enough that one team member submits).